Information contained in the Register is based on the evidence collected by the Anti-corruption Action Centre from publicly available reliable sources.
The fact of individual’s appointment to the post that grants him/her status of national politically exposed person and the fact of his/her dismissal can be confirmed by:
● The response of the government agency or company to the official request;
● The decision of the government agency published on the official website (e.g., the Decree of the President of Ukraine or the Resolution of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine on the appointment to the post);
● Information of the official websites of government agencies published according to the requirements of the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine no. 3 “On Procedure for Publishing Information about theExecutive Agencies' Activity on the Internet ” of January 4, 2002;
● Information of the United State Register of Legal Entities, Individual Entrepreneurs and Public Organizations of Ukraine or the Public Informational Database of the Securities Market.
Family ties are confirmed through:
● the information submitted by the individual in his/her assets declaration in the section “INFORMATION ABOUT THE FAMILY MEMBERS OF THE DECLARATION SUBJECT”;
● in certain cases when extended dossiers are being created, - the information from the verified mass media, publicly available documents that display information about family ties (e.g., the Declaration of family ties of the candidate to the post of the judge). See below the rules of display of the information from mass media and other unofficial sources.
Information about connection with a legal entity can be confirmed through:
● Information of the United State Register of Legal Entities, Individual Entrepreneurs and Public Organizations of Ukraine, the Public Informational Database of the Securities Market, or foreign business registers;
● Court decisions of Ukrainian courts published in the Unified State Register of Court Decisions, or court decisions of other countries;
● Information of the mass media and other publicly available sources – in certain cases when extended profiles are being prepared. See below principles of mass media use;
● Own conclusion of Anti-corruption Action Centre analysts that are indicated in the profile;
Taking the aforementioned into account, the information in the extended dossiers about the ties with legal entities can be of various levels of credibility:
● The connection is shown by the United State Register of Legal Entities, Individual Entrepreneurs and Public Organizations of Ukraine, the Public Informational Database of the Securities Market, or a similar foreign register;
● The connection is shown by a court decision, e.g., a ruling in the pre-trial investigation;
● There is no information of state registers or court rulings that would indicate ownership by a certain individual, but the connection is displayed via information of the mass media that can be classified as reliable, and indirect proofs based on which the analyst can establish the connection;
● The connection is deduced from the information of four or five mass media that can be classified as reliable. This information has never been declared untruthful by its subjects, but we cannot confirm it with documentary evidence. In such case, we use the mass media information and indicate the connection relative to the companies registered before 2004, and the described connection existed before 2004.
● The connection is shown by the documents published in the reliable mass media (court decisions, registration documents of legal entities, agreements etc.)
In case the information is published only in a single unverified mass media source, but there is no documentary confirmation, we do not use such information.
The statements that are contained in the text form in extended dossiers can be confirmed with evidence from above-mentioned sources: statements from public state registers, Ukrainian as well as foreign ones; information published by state government agencies, including official decisions of these agencies in public access (on appointment to the post, on bringing to justice, on leasing property etc.); mass media information – in exceptional cases.
Principles of Use of the Mass Media and Other Sources:
● To build up the Register we do not use the mass media reports based on the unknown source information;
● We do not use analytical articles where professional/private author’s thoughts are the source of information;
● We do not use documents published in the mass media that have reputation of unreliable if their sources cannot be confirmed by information from a more trustworthy source;
● We do not use audio recordings not verified by the court and/or otherwise;
● We use factual reports of press services of government agencies or information from the official sites of government agencies if such reports do not contain value judgements by officials or there are no grounds to consider the shared information untruthful;
● We refer to the comments of the individuals that by themselves reported certain factual information (e.g. about having children, getting married, holding the post etc.) if it was not disclaimed by anybody and there are no grounds to consider it untrue. At the same time, we avoid references to value judgements, statements aimed at whitewashing their reputation, escaping criminal investigation , soiling other person’s reputation;
● We refer to photo/video reports, on-the-spot reportages (court hearing videos, search photos/videos, wedding photos etc.) If possible, we provide additional documentary evidence.
● We use biographies published on the official sites of government agencies, political parties, personal pages of those individuals, as well as biographies submitted for official purposes (e.g., a biography submitted for participation in the selection competition for taking up the position of a judge or holding an elective office).
You can see the evidence confirming a certain statement by clicking link in the dossier.
In case an individual whose dossier is included into the Register has to submit the assets declarations according to the requirements of the Law of Ukraine ”On Corruption Prevention” (or he/she had such obligation according to the revoked Law “On the Principles of Prevention and Counteraction to Corruption”), the information from the declaration is uploaded to the Register, in particular:
● Total annual income of the declarant;
● Total annual income of the declarant family members;
● Total annual expenses of the declarant;
● Monetary assets of the declarant and their family members in a year (cash, funds in bank accounts, deposits to the credit unions and other non-bank financial institutions, including the institutes of joint investment, the money loaned by the declarant or their family member to the third parties, assets nominated in precious (bank) metals etc.);
● Total value of gifts, prizes, winnings received by the declarant or their family member during the year;
● The sum of financial liabilities of the declarant or their family member valid as of the end of year (taken credits, loans, unpaid tax liabilities etc.);
● Total area of the real estate divided into categories (plots of land, flats, houses, other real estate) owned by the declarant or their family members as of the end of year;
● List of vehicles owned by the declarant or their family members as of the end of year;
● Information about the declarant’s family members that have to be included into the declaration;
● Information on legal entities, corporate rights to which belong to the declarant or their family members;
● Information on legal entities, whose beneficiary is the declarant or their family members;
An active link to the declaration from which the data were sourced must be given next to the information.