Open Register of national politically exposed persons of Ukraine contains dossiers of individuals and legal entities that belong to one of the categories as follows:
● national politically exposed person – an individual that falls under the definition of “the national politically exposed person", stipulated by the Law of Ukraine “On Prevention and Counteraction to Legalization (Laundering) of the Proceeds of Crime, Terrorism Financing and Financing of Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction” (paragraph 25 part 1 Article 1 of the Law). Or it can be an individual that does not fall under this definition but he/she is included by us in the category of national politically exposed persons on the basis of recommendations by the Financial Action Task Force on Money Laundering (FATF) or the Wolfsberg Group (the non-governmental association of thirteen global banks founded in 2000 in Switzerland, goal of which has been to develop financial industry standards for combatting money laundering (AML));
● associate – an individual connected with the national politically exposed person through private or business ties;
● family member – an individual connected with the national politically exposed person through the family ties as follows:
○ husband/ wife (or any individual that a politically exposed person resides with, having family, without registering the marriage);
○ father/ mother;
○ stepfather/ stepmother – as individuals having the legal status similar to that of a father/mother;
○ son/ daughter;
○ stepson/ stepdaughter
○ adopter or adopted;
● Dossiers of the legal entities, which fall under one of six categories:
- legal entities, affiliated with politically exposed persons;
- state agencies and institutions;
- state enterprise;
- political parties;
- professional services providers.
More details about the list of national politically exposed persons, family members, and their associates, information on whom is contained in the Register, are available here.
Profiles of individuals and legal entities that are present in the Register can be basic or extended.
The basic dossier of national politically exposed person collects and systemizes the following information confirmed by the documents:
● Last name, firs name, and patronymic name;
● Type of national politically exposed person;
● Full date of birth (if available);
● Place of birth (country, city – if available);
● Officially confirmed place of employment;
● Data of submitted assets declarations;
● List of associates (full name, type of connection);
● List of connected legal entities (full name, type of connection).
The extended dossier of national politically exposed person collects previously published and validated additional information about the assets and funds, as well as the individual’s business reputation:
● Geography, history, and origin geography of business, funds, and assets;
● Known family, private, and business ties;
● Legal entities connected with the national politically exposed person;
● International sanctions applied to the individual;
● Criminal investigations that the national politically exposed person is subject to, his/her status in the proceedings;
● Criminal records;
● Involvement in corruption in broad sense – starting from bribery, assistance in appointing close persons to the post, abuse of the land resources management or during the public procurements, engagement in malversation of public or municipal property, – to violation of requirements of unlawful holding more than one office, making decisions subject to the conflict of interests, or supporting law drafts that foster corruption;
● Detailed description of known corruption schemes that the national politically exposed person is connected with.